ObjectivesThe aim of UNIBE ‘s School of Medicine is to produce highly skilled professionals, leaders in the field of medicine.
As a measure of their competence, every graduate of the Faculty will:
- Have the ability to diagnose health issues, prognosis and treatment of a patient, a family and a community.
- Master clinical and surgical skills to provide effective care to an individual or group of patients.
- Apply epidemiological techniques for the promotion and prevention of health related issues on an individual, family and community environment.
- Apply scientific methods and principles to the care and treatment of human diseases.
- Apply different scientific research methodologies to the analysis of health related issues.
- Always demonstrate the intellectual curiosity to actively pursue the acquisition of new knowledge and skills in their professional field necessary to refine and improve his/her medical practice or to contribute to the scientific body of medical knowledge.
- Have the ability to provide a holistic approach to manage the physician/patient relation.
- Have a socially responsible projection towards the community and society.
- Be honest, accurate, and integrate in all interactions with patients, families, and colleagues.
- Possess knowledge of health care systems and familiarity with healthcare management strategies to develop systems that maximize medical effectiveness, reduce medical error and efficiently utilize scarce resources.
- Be not only clinically competent, but also sensitive, compassionate, socially responsible, and humane.
- Be committed to, and possess the skills required to, engage in lifelong learning.